The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 is a overall certification consisting of one of three examinations: the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring (exam # 642), the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring (exam #640), and the Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator (exam #646).
Should applicants desire additional optional training, they may wish to take the optional exams of #6425, 6426, 6421, and 6433.
Each examination consists of both traditional question based formats and practical demonstrations of problem solving in real time.
Some of the major topics covered by the mandatory exams are:
• Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory
• Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure
• Configuring Active Directory roles and services
• Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects
• Maintaining the Active Directory environment
• Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services
• Configuring addressing and services
• Configuring names resolution
• Configuring network access
• Configuring file and print services
• Monitoring and managing a network infrastructure
• Planning for server deployment
• Planning for server management
• Monitoring and maintaining servers
• Planning application and data provisioning
• Planning for business continuity and high availability
Disclaimer: This content is provided for informational purposes only. It has not been edited, fact checked or updated. This content is neither affiliated nor endorsed by Microsoft or any other official agency. These questions were written by a third party test prep company and licensed by PracticeQuiz for use on this site. Please use at your own discretion.